Tuesday, December 9, 2008


In my previous blog I researched what food justice actually was. So, as a follow up, I decided to research the restaraunt Pita Pit. I wanted to see if Pita Pit contributed to our country's lack of food justice or if they helped to aid our country in the food justice crisis. After visiting www.pitapit.com, I found that, in my opinion, they aid our country in the food justice crisis. First of all, they have big portions of food for a very cheap price. They average about six dollars per pita, but each pita contains about three to four hundred calories. In addition, they serve food from about nine in the morning until about four in the morning. This allows people to get food at almost any hour. Plus, they deliver in order to reach more people. They don't charge for delivery either so it makes it more accessible to more people. Their delivery goes for the entire time they are open. All of these things increase the amount of food justice in our world. The low prices, easy access, and big portions help to feed many people. Especially starving college students. So far, they have fed me an immense amount of times. That is how I feel Pita Pit contributes to food justice in our society.
-Morgan Galusha

No comments: